![]() |
| The Boston Common after a snow storm. This gorgeous view is only a block from my office! |
I'm really trying to like Boston, really..... but this winter thing is getting a little ridiculous. We've had over 5 feet of snow thus far this winter! I mean the snow isn't so hard to deal with in Boston, because I don't drive here, but it's really cramping my style. Wearing rubber boots, jeans and a sweater almost every day makes me feel so frumpy. I'd rather be wearing a sundress and flip flops! I got out of work a little early tonight, so I thought I'd peruse some of the stores by my office (I do this a lot). Seeing all the cute spring styles I won't be able to wear for another couple months just made me sad.
I have a lot more than a less frumpy wardrobe to look forward to this spring. My beau and I are planning a trip to DC/MD in May around our birthdays. He'll be turning 25 two days before I turn 24, so it will be a great time for us to rent a car and drive the 8 hours down route 95 to the DC area. Beau and I have not yet taken a vacation together, so it will be a great way to celebrate our birthdays. Also, I am really excited to share some of my favorite places in the world with him. Taking a rental car also means we'll be able to go down to Southern Maryland, where I went to school! Just thinking of spring days by the Saint Mary's River makes me warm up...
In the mean time, there's still at least a month or two of Boston winter left. So, here are 5 things I actually like about winter:
1. Holding a mug of hot tea.
2. How sunny days seem so much brighter when there's snow on the ground.
3. Making (and eating!) soup or chili.
4. Flannel pajamas
5. Staying under the blankets with someone special (I've got my love to keep me warm!)
What are your five favorite things about winter?

No comments:
Post a Comment