Hello blog world!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been super busy because...
I'M MOVING JULY 1ST!
I've been living in the Boston area for just about 18 months. When I moved here I got really lucky and found affordable, convenient housing in Malden, a suburb just north of the city. Malden is great because it is on the orange line, so it's an easy subway ride into the city, but since it is suburban it is a lot cheaper than living in Boston or Cambridge. However, there isn't a lot to do in Malden, and it takes me an hour to commute to my new job, which is in the South End neighborhood of the city.
So, I'm moving to Jamaica Plain, one of my favorite Boston neighborhoods. I was originally planning to move to JP in the fall, but things just fell into place for July 1st. I'm taking the room of a friend who is moving to Nashville for graduate school and moving in to an awesome 3 bedroom right in the central part of JP. I already know one of the roommates (we did Vagina Monologues together, so you know she's cool) and the other room is opening up September 1st, so I'll get to help pick my 2nd roommate.
For the next few weeks I'll be really busy packing, moving, and getting settled in, so expect my posts to continue to be sparse.
I'm really excited to live in Boston, and to cut a half hour off my commute, but I'm especially excited to live in JP! JP reminds me a lot of South Austin, or the Takoma Park area of DC in that it's really diverse, LGBT friendly, and has a lot of local businesses. I'll be able to find every thing I need within a 10 minute walk f my apartment! What's your favorite neighborhood of your city?
Congrats on the new place. I went from a 2 hour commute to a 20 minute commute when I switched jobs a few months ago. It's wonderful how much more time you have when you aren't commuting as much!
ReplyDelete