I have been pretty under the weather lately both in terms of my health and my general mood, so I'm going to blog about something fun: Halloween!
I love any excuse to wear a costume or dress up- theme parties, plays, holidays, etc. So naturally, I love Halloween. This year presented an unique challenge: a theme. I'm going to a friend's birthday party and the theme is look like a book- so essentially dress like a character from a book.
Naturally, I'm bringing my beau with me. After a lot of brainstorming and window shopping we decided to do something together. We're dressing as characters from Homer's the Odyssey. The beau is going as Odysseus, obviously. My original thought was Penelope, Odysseus's wife, but now I'm leaning more toward Athena, the goddess of war, civilization, wisdom, strength, strategy, crafts, justice and skill. Athena heavily assists Odysseus in his journey.
Which ever character I end up going with my costume is the same. I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I'm going with a dress I already have. It's olive green with kind of a draped look and an uneven hem.
I'm accessorizing with a gold and bronze braided headband, bronze medalion earrings, gold sandals and a pewter arm band. Tomorrow I'm going to go to a craft store to get some gold rope and some fabric to make a cloak or some draping with to make it a little more toga-esque.
No comments:
Post a Comment