Because of her own hair trauma, my mom almost never let me get my haircut when I was little. The hair cuts I did get were just trims, and they were done at home by my mom or my aunt.
![]() | |||
| My Mom and I circa 1991 |
Since 12 my style has changed a bit. I grew out the bangs in 9th grade, and in 11th grade I found a stylist I loved for the first time. I got my haircut by Josephine once every 9-12months for the next 6 years. It was all very routine: grow hair out long enough to donate to Locks of Love; cut to shoulders; repeat.
I kept up that routine after college as well. My last haircut I donated 14 inches to locks of love. Last time I grew out my hair to donate I realized that I don't actually like having really long hair. I vowed never to donate again.
It has now been over a year since my last cut and I'm ready for a really big change. I'm a little hesitant because I haven't really found a stylist here in Boston yet. Thursday I'm going to a salon near my house that has 4 1/2 stars on yelp, and caters to the hip urban crowd in my neighborhood. I'm hoping to walk out of there with a style I can call my own.
Here is my "before" self-portrait:
![]() | |
| Long, straight, BORING |
Or I could make the change by going shorter than I ever have:
Or I could play it sort of safe:
What do you think?





Omg, changing hair styles is so much fun. You just have to be open to it, and realize that IT'S JUST HAIR! It grows. It will go back to how it was if you hate it. But, chances are, a change will make you feel so fresh and rejuvenated. You'll love it. I got the urge to change my hair a couple years back, and I chopped it all off. And I loved it! It was so much fun to look different. I'm growing it out now, just to have something different to do with it! I would suggest that if you want a HUGE change, then cut it off. If you want a more subtle change, then get bangs. I really don't think you can go wrong!
ReplyDeletedo the Jessica Biel cut! I think that would look best!
ReplyDelete