Wednesday, November 16, 2011

10 Day You Challenge: 5 Foods

Day 6: Five Foods

Crabcakes from Stoney's  in Solomons Island, MD

I won't go into too much detail on this one as I've already discussed my love of crab cakes. My favorite crabcakes are from Stoney's Kingfishers or the Stoney's Pier, both on Solomons Island Maryland. 




 
Breakfast Tacos
 I like my breakfast with a Tex-Mex twist. Most people have had a breakfast burrito, or heuvos rancheros, or at least tried some salsa on their eggs, but my favorite Tex-Mex breakfast is the breakfast taco. They are a cheap and delicious staple in central and south Texas. A breakfast taco consists of some combination of meat, potato, eggs, beans, and/or cheese in a hand made flour tortilla with fresh pico de gaillo, salsa, or salsa verde. (my favorites are refried bean and potato or bacon, egg and cheese) The ones pictured above are from the Maria's Taco Express.


Pad Thai
I love all thai food, but sometimes I just crave the peanutty goodness of a warm plate of pad thai. 



Edy's Slow Churned Pumpkin Ice Cream

I wait anxiously for October every year so I can buy a few cartons of my favorite pumkin ice cream!


Bacon
I have seriously considered going pescatarian (no meat except seafood) dozens of times, but I just can't. Bacon is my one major hang up. And I don't care what my veggie/ vegan friends say, veggie bacon is not delicious.

I do not take credit for these pictures. All Images are from my pinterest page.

2 comments: