Friday, November 11, 2011

10 Day You Challenge: 10 Secrets

I've decided the best way to jump start my blogging after a long hiatus is to do a Blogger Challenge. Rebecca at iridescent indigo is doing the 10 Day You Challenge, so I thought I'd join her!

Day 1 Ten Secrets:

1. I feel an intense pressure to be a role model for my 16 year old sister and 17 year old little cousin. I am the first person in my family to go to college and the first woman not to have a child before age 23, so I think I am doing ok for now.

2. I am overwhelmed by my debt. Taking a job that payed $24k a year before taxes ruined my credit in the first year after college. Most of my debt is Student Loan debt, but I also made the mistake of getting 3 credit cards in college. I never had good money management skills modeled for me as a kid/ teenager, so I'm learning them as I go.

3. One of the things I miss most about college is going skinny dipping!

4. I don't have a passport and I've never been off the continent. However, I can't say I've never been out of the country because my family used to go on shopping trips to Mexico when we lived in South Texas. (before the drug cartels made it unsafe)

5. I am a firm believer in retail therapy. I go shopping when I'm feeling sad or lonely, and I feel a little high when I get a good sale or find something cool. (can you see how this is related to #2?)

6. I didn't meet my best friend until I was 22 and we only lived in the same city for 6 months. Even still, I talk to her almost every day.

7. Whenever I feel overwhelmed I remind myself that when my mom was my age, I was 6, and I feel instantaneously better for not having a 6 year old to look after. 

8. I'm writing this at work.

9. Despite lots of yo-yoing in my weight, I've worn the same bra size since 8th grade.

10. I am a feminist and I watch porn.

No comments:

Post a Comment