Tuesday, November 15, 2011

10 Day You Challenge: 6 Places

Day 5: Six Places




The Padre Island National Seashore

Growing up in South Texas meant most of my weekends were spent at the beach. My favorite beach was the beach at the Padre Island National Seashore. It has beautiful dunes, soft sand and warm water. 

The Boston Common

The Boston Common is a large park right in the middle of Boston.  I worked downtown the 18 months I lived here and would frequently go eat my lunch or take a walk in the Common to break up my work day. 

Seabrooke Island, SC

My family has never been the type to take a vacation, but in high school my mom, sister and I were able to piggy-back on my Aunt's annual family vacation to Seabrook Island, South Carolina. An island off the coast of Charleston, you may know Seabrook as the setting of the Notebook. It was awesome to spend a week  in August eating barbecue and going to the beach with my family. I haven't been since 2004, but I hope to go back someday. 

South Congress, Austin, TX

South Congress or SoCo is the main street of South Austin. It's home to lots of local shops, restaurants and food trucks. 

Saint Mary's College of Maryland

I went to a public, liberal arts college on the St. Mary's River in Southern Maryland. It is a really great school academically , with awesome traditions and a penchant for being a little wacky. More importantly it has a beautiful campus. 










1 comment:

  1. I would love to go to Seabrooke Island!! The Carolina coastal towns are so wonderful. I'd love to live there one day!

    ReplyDelete