Day 2: Nine Loves
(In no particular order...)
![]() |
1. Texas. Specifically central and South Texas. I lived in the Corpus Christi area from ages 7-14, and then I moved to Austin for 6 months following my college graduation. I consider myself an honorary Texan. I get really offended when people stereotype Texas, especially when they assume everyone in Texas is a conservative, white christian like George W. Bush or Rick Perry. Texas is a huge state and is very diverse! I love the food, the friendly people, and the relaxed attitude.
2. Traveling. I love seeing new places and having new experiences. All of my travel thus far as been within the Eastern and Southern US, but I am planning to have a West Coast adventure in the Spring. I also hope do some international travel someday.
3. Going out to Eat. The only thing more fun than trying new foods, is trying them in the company of the people you love. I usually work one or two dinners out a week into my budget.
4. Thermal Curtains. A few weeks ago I invested in a really nice pair of thermal curtains for my bedroom. They're super thick and they block out sunlight and drafts. I've nicknamed my bedroom my "cave of awesome". With my curtains closed and the heat on, I could stay in bed all day.
5. Not owning a car. My favorite part of living in Boston is the fact that I have absolutely no need for a car. I can get to just about anything I could possibly need by walking or taking public transit. As someone paid a car payment and insurance every month for almost 5 years, not having a car is so freeing. I just pay $59 a month for my monthly T/Bus pass.
6. Fresh Seafood. One of the perks of growing up a military brat is that from the age of 7 onward I've almost always lived near the water and had access to delicious fresh seafood.
7. The Gulf of Mexico Coast. As stated above, the bulk of my childhood was spent near Corpus Christi, Texas so I grew up going to Gulf beaches (and Gulf seafood). To this day nothing beats the warm water and salty breezes of a Gulf beach in my book. As an adult I've fallen in love with New Orleans as well. I love the food, the music, the laid back attitude and the warm and inviting people.
8.Cardigans. Hands down my favorite item of clothing.
9. My Family. My family is small, and I don't get to see them as often as I'd like, but I love them just the same.




No comments:
Post a Comment