Day 3: Eight Fears
(In no particular order)
1. General Anesthesia. I have never had a medical procedure that required me to go under general anesthesia, and I kind of hope I never have to.
2. Heights.
3. Snakes
4. Waiting too long to start a family. I have always known that I want a partner and children. I've also always known that I want the experience of being pregnant and giving birth. I have been feeling a little baby fever/ starting to hear my biological clock tick a bit lately, but I know that to have and support a family I have a lot of work to do in my professional and personal life. Since reproductive problems run in my family, so I worry that by the time I'm ready and find the right partner, I won't be able to get pregnant.
5. A Conservative win in the 2012 Election. I am scared not only of President Obama loosing his bid for reelection, but also of democrats loosing seats in Congress, the Senate, and in State governments.
6. That mistakes I've made in the past will haunt me in the future. I think this is a fear everyone has, for me it's mostly a financial issue.
7. Waxing. I've never waxed anything. I've thought about getting my eyebrows or bikini area waxed, but the thought of intentionally putting hot wax on my body and ripping out my hair follicles is terrifying!
8. Loosing my Grandmother. I am closer to my Grammy than anyone else in my family. She's the one that I call when I'm having a bad day or have big news. She's 69, obese, and works 50+ hours a week. I wish she'd retire and loose the weight because the thought of her not being there when I get married or have my first child is something I can't bear to imagine.
2. Heights.
3. Snakes
4. Waiting too long to start a family. I have always known that I want a partner and children. I've also always known that I want the experience of being pregnant and giving birth. I have been feeling a little baby fever/ starting to hear my biological clock tick a bit lately, but I know that to have and support a family I have a lot of work to do in my professional and personal life. Since reproductive problems run in my family, so I worry that by the time I'm ready and find the right partner, I won't be able to get pregnant.
5. A Conservative win in the 2012 Election. I am scared not only of President Obama loosing his bid for reelection, but also of democrats loosing seats in Congress, the Senate, and in State governments.
6. That mistakes I've made in the past will haunt me in the future. I think this is a fear everyone has, for me it's mostly a financial issue.
7. Waxing. I've never waxed anything. I've thought about getting my eyebrows or bikini area waxed, but the thought of intentionally putting hot wax on my body and ripping out my hair follicles is terrifying!
8. Loosing my Grandmother. I am closer to my Grammy than anyone else in my family. She's the one that I call when I'm having a bad day or have big news. She's 69, obese, and works 50+ hours a week. I wish she'd retire and loose the weight because the thought of her not being there when I get married or have my first child is something I can't bear to imagine.

I definitely agree with you on number 4. While I am married, we don't have the money or the space to start a family anytime soon, and pregnancy problems run in my family as well.
ReplyDeleteWaxing isn't as scary as it seems! It hurts for sure, but is so much more manageable than any other option!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on 4.. and also being the only one in my family to have graduated college and not have a kid by 16-22 (including my first cousins in those ages). I feel the pressure of them asking me why I don't have kids.. it's because I want to get my own life in order before I bring another one in to manage. But we also have the female issues. It'll be devastating not to be able to give birth, if that happens, but I'll still be able to adopt :)
ReplyDeleteI've only waxed my eyebrows and at first was pretty scared. Now, as they apply the wax, the warmth feels really good. Like stepping into a nice, hot shower.. except only around my eyebrows lol
I can't speak for the bikini area because that thought still scares the hell out of me!